Friday, February 5, 2016

February's Vinegar Friday


TGIVF!

It's the second Vinegar Friday of the year. Guess what I'll be doing (other than using vinegar, of course!). I'll be speaking to a women's group at their Mugs & Muffins gathering. We'll have a light dinner with muffins, of course, and a time to learn some new things. I'll be sharing some tips on how to use vinegar in your everyday life, based on my book, VINEGAR FRIDAYS (available here).

I'll address questions like:

  1. What is one of the most commonly used, yet most toxic products in your home?
  2. What is as effective as bleach at getting rid of mold?
  3. What is the name of the method of washing your hair with baking soda and water, followed by a vinegar and water rinse?
Do you know the answers?
  1. Fabric softener
  2. Distilled white vinegar
  3. No pooing
In chapter 17 of my book, Snuggle-free and Loving It! Vinegar in the Laundry Room, I list the toxic chemicals in fabric softeners and all the diseases associated with them, including Alzheimer's, ADD, Parkinson's, SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and more. It's scary stuff, but vinegar really is the answer!

In chapter 3, Spic-and-Span without the Chemicals, I offer vinegar-based solutions for cleaning everything from toilets to kitchen floors... without all the nasty toxins that cause a whole slew of health issues for both humans and pets.

Chapter 11, No More Tangles... and No More Toxins, introduces the concept of no pooing, a method of washing hair without using shampoo or conditioner.

There's some exciting stuff in this book, if I must say so myself. If you haven't read it, I hope you'll consider picking up a copy. Even if you only implement a few of the tips, it will save you money in no time.

So, I'm curious, what is your favorite way to use vinegar? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog